Recipe for Prawn Curry
- 500g fresh Tiger prawns - keep heads and tail, take off a little of shell around middle and remove the dark thin streak around the back
- some curry leaves
- 4 slices of lengkuas
- 2 stalks of lemongrass - sliced
- 1/4" fresh turmeric
- 4 buah keras (candle nuts)
- 10 large red chillies - seeded
- 1/2 teacup shallots
- 1/2 tsp belacan
- 1 teacup thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- 4 dessertspoons vegetable oil
- coriander leaves (optional)
- Mix prawns and all other ingredients except the oil.
- Put oil in frying pan and when hot put in prawns etc.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, till prawns are properly cooked and dry. Do not over cook as prawns will be tough.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Jasmine rice.
Do you like this recipe?