400 gm (mung beans)
1 medium onion, thin sliced
1 small carrot, thin julienne
3 green onions, cut in a bias
55 gm beef, sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup kimchi, cut into strips (or blanched napa cabbage)
1/4 cup bean sprout, blanched, roughly chopped
Salt to taste
- Soak the green peas in water for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Rub the mung beans between your hands to remove the skin and rinse again.
- Then take the mung beans of the water and put them in a food processor (2:1 pea to water ratio - add more water if you want a smoother mix) with water and grind to fairly fine paste.
- In a bowl, mix onion, carrot, green onions, beef, bean sprouts and kimchi.
- Add mung bean paste and salt.
- In an oiled, pour a ladle of paste to make 3-4 inches in diameter and cook until brown, turn only once.
- To serve, lightly dip the finished bindaeddeok into a soy sauce and vinegar mixture with some chili pepper flakes plus chopped green onions! Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe?