Ingredients for Coleslaw:
- 8 1/8 cups cabbage
- 1/3 cup carrot
- 1 teaspoon onion chopped fine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cup milk
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Two tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Using a grater or knife, core the cabbage and finely shred the cabbage, carrot.
- To prepare the dressing, in a bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice mix till well combined with a whisk.
- Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add sugar till dissolved.
- Pour dressing mixture over slaw, and chill until ready to serve, or serve immediately.
Note: You may add raisins (some prefer to add sweetness to the salad) or green pepper (diced thinly).
Do you like this recipe?