In Singapore, Nasi Rawon is sometimes sold during breakfast at Malay stalls. The best place to try this dish is at Geylang Serai hawker food centers or Haig Road.
600g Beef rump
30g Turmeric roots
20g Ginger roots
20g Red chili
5g Kaffir lime leafs
30g Lemon grass
200g Black Nut (Kluwek), cleaned and soft
10g Coriander Powder
2g Bay leaf (Salam)
White Pepper Powder
How to cook Nasi Rawon:
- Clean the beef rump and cut into cubes.
- Blend shallot, garlic, ginger, candlenut, turmeric, red chili and black nuts (kluwek) until smooth.
- Heat pan and put all blended ingredients and saute until cooked and smell good.
- Add beef rump cubes and water to make the stock.
- Put kaffir lime leafs, salam, galangal, lemon grass and boil until beef is tender.
- Season with coriander powder, cumin, salt and sugar according to taste.
Do you like this recipe?